Effective Date: June 12, 2019
Maintaining the security of your data is of paramount importance to us and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights.
This notice applies when using the website: www.eurocarparts.com ("Website")
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Information We Share
- Cookies and Third-party Advertisers
- Update Your Account Information
- How We Protect Personal Information
- How long do we keep your Personal Information?
- Children’s Privacy
- How to Contact Us
Information We Collect
We may obtain information about you that you upload to our Euro Car Parts careers portal or that may be provided to us by a recruitment agent. The types of information we may obtain include:
- Your Personal Information, if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above. You do not have to give us any Personal Information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of the Careers portal.
- We collect this information from your resume or in the manner described above.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
In addition, when you visit the Euro Car Parts careers portal, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to the Euro Car Parts careers portal, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave Euro Car Parts careers portal.
- Dates and times of visits to the Euro Car Parts careers portal
- Information on actions taken on the Euro Car Parts careers (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses the Euro Car Parts careers portal.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach the Euro Car Parts careers portal.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to.
- Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you. If you provide the name and email address of your friends or family members when you ask us to email a job posting on your behalf please ensure that you only submit email addresses of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who have agreed to receive the job posting from us.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- To contact you and deliver marketing and promotional communications to you by email, text message or other means that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities) and to solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications. Please note that if you unsubscribe from receiving marketing and promotional communications, you may continue to receive transactional and operational emails from us.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyse and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyse trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of the Euro Car Parts careers portal and the jobs viewed or applied to on the Euro Car Parts careers portal.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Enforce the Euro Car Parts Terms and Conditions.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Euro Car Parts careers portal (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Euro Car Parts careers portal. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies as described in more detail below.
If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
Information We Share
When you apply for a job through Euro Car Parts careers portal, we provide your Personal Information to the hiring Manager (including your e-mail address and other contact information that you publish on your resume). The hiring Manager may use your information to contact you directly.
We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. These service providers may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
Euro Car Parts also may disclose specific user information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of Euro Car Parts staff.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of Euro Car Parts.
About Cookies, Tracking Choices
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
Update Your Account Information
You may access, update and amend some of the Personal Information in our custody and control at any time by requesting us to do so. Please note, however, that you will not be able to delete certain information, including your resume, once such information has been uploaded to the Euro Car Parts careers portal.
How We Protect Personal Information
Euro Car Parts maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of Euro Car Parts’ Careers portal, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the website, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the website.
How Long We Keep Personal Information
If you are unsuccessful at any stage of the process, the information you have provided until that point will be retained for 6 months from the closure of the campaign. Information generated throughout the assessment process, for example interview notes, is retained by us for 6 months following the closure of the campaign.
Equal opportunities information is retained for 6 months following the closure of the campaign whether you are successful or not. If you are successful in your application, we will retain your information in accordance with our Privacy Notice for Employees, Workers and Contractors. A copy of this Notice will be provided to you with your offer letter.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 16. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below in the "Contact" section.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Euro Car Parts Limited by any of the means outlined below.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: Legal Department, Euro Car Parts Limited, T2 Birch Coppice Business Park, Danny Morson Way, Dordon, Tamworth, England, B78 1SE
Please include your name and email address in email requests, and your name and postal address in mail requests